2015 Mantis 7940 Mantis 4-Cycle Plus Tiller/Cultivator
Easy to start, quiet and with no fuel mixing required the new Mantis 4-Cycle Plus Tiller weighs only 24 pounds. Featuring a premium 4-cycle engine powered by Honda®, this lightweight powerhouse is tough enough to till through sod and compacted soil, but is easy to carry, easy to start and easy to use. Perfect for gardeners of all ages!
Why struggle? The Mantis Tiller/Cultivator is the incredible lightweight tiller that has made gardening easier for more than two million people around the world.
Our newest 4-Cycle model has a sleek design and NEW Soft, Sure-Grip Handles. Ergonomically flared for fatigue-free operation the new grips feature a flush-mounted throttle, palm-controlled safety switch and infinite speed control for ease-of-operation.
Soft Comfort Grips
At only 24 pounds, these user-friendly features and classic ruggedness and dependability make this tiller the ultimate solution to the back-breaking drudgery of digging by hand or renting a giant, hard-to-handle behemoth tiller.
You'll get all your garden chores done faster and easier than you ever dreamed possible. From busting tough sod, to weeding around delicate plants…even digging a planting hole…the Mantis Tiller does it all!
Powered by a 25cc commercial grade engine atop a durable power train featuring a precision steel cut gear system within a heavy-duty cast housing. This provides the necessary power to turn the specially designed spring-steel serpentine tines at up to 240 RPM for maximum sod-busting performance – and these tines are guaranteed forever against breakage!
When the tines are reversed, this wonder tiller is gentle enough for delicate weeding, making this lightweight wonder a premium cultivator. You'll find it perfect for weeding around delicate plants. Plus, the Mantis Tiller can…Speed Weed…most gardens in under 20 minutes! Saving you time…and, saving your back!
You'll use the Mantis Tiller to create new flower beds and vegetable gardens, maintain existing gardens, quickly dig planting holes for trees and shrubs, and more.
- Backed By the Mantis Promise. Try any product that you buy directly from Mantis with NO RISK! If you're not completely satisfied, send it back to us for a complete no-hassle refund.
- Comfortable Grips. Control is at your fingertips. Comfortable even when using the tiller in rocky soil!
- Fold Down Handles. Handles for easy transport and storage.
- Gear Box. One-piece cast gear box is virtually indestructible.
- Handy Carrying Handle. Makes carrying the tiller easy with handles folded or unfolded.
- Lightweight. Just 24 pounds. Easy to lift, with convenient carrying handle.
- NEW Soft, Sure-Grip Handles. Over-molded for supreme comfort. Easy on your hands even when using the tiller in rocky soil. Ergonomically flared for wrist-comfort and fatigue-free operation. Paired with a flush-mounted throttle, palm-controlled safety switch and infinite speed control for ease-of-operation.
- Patented Serpentine Tines. Exclusive design digs deep into the hardest soil, even clay. Reverse the tines to shallow cultivate or weed.
- Powerful. Tills down 10", chop through tough sod or hard clay soil as easily as sand and muck.
- Reliable, Easy to Start Engine. Powerful Honda 4-cycle engine spins the tines twice as fast as other tillers. A real workhorse. Requires no mixing of oil and gas, starts easily and runs quieter!
- Speed Control and Shut-Off Switch. Both right at your fingertips. Allows variable speed control and quick shut-off.
- Throttle-Activated Centrifugal Clutch. Tines engage only when you squeeze the throttle. The Mantis Tiller give you greater control; you won't have to worry about a "runaway" tiller.
- Tines Guaranteed for LIFE. We're so confident in our patented tines if one ever breaks, we'll replace it for free. No matter how long you have owned your tiller!
- Displacement: 25cc
- Fuel Type: No mixing of gas/oil required
- Starting: Recoil ; Variable speed throttle ; Tines spin at up to 240 rpm ; Sure-Grip comfort grips
- Type: 4-cycle Honda
- Tilling Width: 9"
- Weight: 24 pounds
- Warranty: 90-Day Money-Back guarantee: Try it for 90 days, risk-free.; Five Year Warranty. Five year handle-to-tine coverage. ; Tines are guaranteed for LIFE against breakage ; Engine is warranted separately by the engine manufacturer
- Engine Type
- 4-cycle Honda
- Tilling Width
- 9 in.
- 24 lb.