2015 Generac Protector 15kW
All the conveniences of modern living - heat, central air, refrigeration, communication - are nothing without power. When the power supply is disrupted, our lives and businesses can come to a sudden halt. An automatic standby generator protects you from power failures, restoring power within seconds of an outage, so you can have peace of mind and the power you need.
Generac’s new Protector® Series diesel generators raise the bar for residential and light commercial diesel generators. Building and zoning codes can vary wildly from one region to another. In the past, the only answer was to order expensive, custom-configured solutions. Until now.
Generac’s diesel-powered Protector Series features Code Ready, a set of popular preconfigured options and a range of code-driven accessories, so you can feel confident that your generator will be able to conform to the required local codes. The Protector Series is versatile, adaptable, meets UL requirements, and is an affordable optional standby diesel generator for your backup power needs.
- Alternator: Output Leads 1-Phase - 3 wire ; Output Leads 3-Phase - 6 wire
- Bore x Stroke: (in/mm) 3.46/88 x 3.70/94
- Compression Ratio: 21.3:1
- Cooling System: Pressurized radiator
- Crankcase: (qt/l) 6.87/6.5
- Cylinders: (Number of) 4
- Displacement: (Liters) 2.28
- Electrical System: Battery Charge Alternator - 50 Amp ; Static Battery Charger - 2 Amp ; Recommended Battery Group 27F, 700 CCA ; System Voltage - 12 Volts
- EPA: Emissions Compliance - Emergency Stationary
- Fan: Speed - (rpm) 1800 ; Diameter - (in/mm) 18.11/460 ; Mode - Pusher
- Fuel Capacity: Total Size - 34/128.7 (gallons/liters) ; Usable Size - 32/121.1
- Fuel Type: Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel Fuel ; Pump - Mechanical Engine Driven Gear
- Fuel: ASTM ; Supply Line (mm/in) - 7.94/0.31 (ID) ; Return Line (mm/in) - 7.94/0.31(ID) ; Filtering (microns) 5
- Governor: Electronic Isochronous, ± 0.25% Steady State Regulation
- Intake System: Naturally Aspirated
- Oil Filter: Full flow spin-on cartridge
- Oil Pump: Gear
- Type of Engine: Generac In-line
- Voltage: Electronic Single Phase, ± 1% Regulation. Features Adjustable Voltage & Gain
- Water Pump: Pre-lubed, self-seating
- Generac Transfer Switches. Long life and reliability are synonymous with GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS. One reason for this confidence is that the GENERAC product line includes its own transfer systems and controls for total system compatibility.
- Innovative Design & Prototype Testing are key components of GENERAC’S success in “IMPROVING POWER BY DESIGN.” But it doesn’t stop there. Total commitment to component testing, reliability testing, environmental testing, destruction and life testing, plus testing to applicable CSA, NEMA, EGSA, and other standards, allows you to choose GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS with the confidence that these systems will provide superior performance.
- Single Source Service Response from Generac’s extensive dealer network provides parts and service know-how for the entire unit, from the engine to the smallest electronic component.
- Solid-State, Frequency Compensated Voltage Regulation. This state-of-the-art power maximizing regulation system is standard on all Generac models. It provides optimized FAST RESPONSE to changing load conditions and MAXIMUM MOTOR STARTING CAPABILITY by electronically torque-matching the surge loads to the engine. Digital voltage regulation at ±1%.
- Test Criteria: Prototype Tested, Nema Mg1-22 Evaluation, System Torsional Tested, Motor Starting Ability
- Injector: Mechanical
- Bearings: Single Sealed Cartridge
- Dimensions: 81 x 31 x 50/205 x 78 x 128(LxWxH) (in/cm)
- Weight: 1455/660 (lb/kg)
- Coupling: Direct, Flexible Disc
- Generator: Synchronous
- Rotor: Insulation Class - H
- Run Time: @ 1/2 Load (hrs) - 41
- Engine Type
- Generac In-line
- (Liters) 2.28
- 1455/660 (lb/kg)
- Fuel Tank Capacity
- ASTM ; Supply Line (mm/in) - 7.94/0.31 (ID) ; Return Line (mm/in) - 7.94/0.31(ID) ; Filtering (microns) 5
- Run Time
- @ 1/2 Load (hrs) - 41